Monday, July 29, 2013

Italian Dressing Mix




What happens when you need an Italian Dressing Mix and there's none to be found and you can't/won't run to the store? If you're like me you turn to allrecipes and make one yourself. I was surprised how easy and yummy it was. Next on my list is homemade Ranch dressing--did you know the majority of store-bought Ranch dressing and the mixes contain MSG? No bueno if you ask me!

Italian Dressing Mix

INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
2 tablespoons salt

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and regular salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.
2. To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

This is sweet! I have pretty much everything on this list!

Denise said...

I love that I can make and store the dry seasonings to use later on. How easy!